What we are afraid of in the Game Industry
- Schedule Slips (oops, we missed Christmas)
- Project is cancelled (company goes under?)
- Game is no fun (bad sales and reviews)
- Game has technical problems or is obsolete technically (bad sales and reviews)
- Market Change (our game becomes obsolete)
- Staff turnover (delays game even further)
A quite familiar situation
- You hit technical difficulties that move back the whole schedule
- Key people in the team leave
- Your publisher decides it want something different
What happens next?
- Schedule trashing
- Crunch time. Pressure
- Bugs introduced left and right. Quality decreases.
- People are burned out and leave.
Why XP needed here?
- Crystal development process
- Adaptive software development
- Dynamic solution delivery model
- Feature-driven development